Transcend 120GB M.2 SSD Overview
Designed to offer a 120GB storage capacity for devices with an M.2 / 42mm form factor and a SATA III 6 Gb/s interface, the Transcend 120GB M.2 SSD from Transcend provides high performance for compatible devices using 3D NAND flash memory. It also features SLC caching technology to help boost transfer speeds, a RAID engine and LDPC (Low-Density Parity Check) coding to help ensure data integrity, and support for Device Sleep Mode (DevSleep) to help prolong your notebook's battery life. This Transcend 120GB M.2 SSD has also been equipped with a DDR3 RAM cache and support for S.M.A.R.T, TRIM, and NCQ commands. Compatible operating systems include Windows 10, 8, and 7, as well as Linux Kernel 2.6.31 and later.
Transcend 420S SSD Main features
Transcend 120GB M.2 SSD has 420S addresses the high-performance needs and strict size limitations of small form factor devices, best suited for Ultrabook's and thin, light notebooks. Boasting high-quality flash chips and enhanced firmware algorithms, Transcend 120GB M.2 SSD delivers optimal reliability.
- M.2 / 42mm form factor for compact computing devices
- 3D NAND flash chips
- SATA III 6 Gb/s interface and SLC caching technology for fast transfer speeds
- Engineered with a RAID engine and LDPC (Low-Density Parity Check) coding to help ensure data integrity
- Supports Device Sleep Mode (DevSleep) to help prolong notebook battery life by intelligently shutting down the SATA interface when it is not in use
- DDR3 DRAM cache
- Supports S.M.A.R.T., TRIM, and NCQ commands
- While there is a limited 3-year warranty, it does not apply when the SSD Scope's wear-out indicator shows 0% within three years
3D expansion to break through limits
Unlike the existing planar NAND chips, 3D NAND flash is a type of flash memory in which the memory cells are stacked vertically in multiple layers. 3D NAND is developed to break through density limitations of the 2D planar NAND, and thus can deliver a greater level of performance and endurance. For more information.....
|Flash Type||3D NAND flash|
|Bus Interface||SATA III 6Gb/s|
|4K Random Read/Write||up to 530/350 MB/s|
|Dimensions||42.0 mm x 22.0 mm x 3.58 mm (1.65" x 0.87" x 0.14")|